2/04/2008

Tough Weekend

My son got a haircut. A BIG TIME haircut. I suggested we get it trimmed a little because for heavens sake, he couldn't even see. So we went to his usual place, they trimmed it and he HATED it. Honestly, I did, too. It looked like an adult woman's hair cut. Then realizing he had a basketball game later that afternoon, he just HAD to get it cut again before anyone saw him like that. Which I was completely okay with. I understood. So he decided - yes HE decided - to get his hair cut short. He asked me to pull out photos from a few years ago when his hair was short so he could see how he wanted it cut. We took the photo to the hairstylist, and they cut it just as we asked. He said he liked it.

Two hours later, after the basketball game, he broke down in tears. He hated it. I think it finally hit him that one of the things that always made him stand out - his long crazy hair - was now gone. It really was a part of him and a reflection of his personality. Of course, he has a lot of wonderful things that make him stand out but he loved that hair. Oh well. So it was a tough weekend and he wore a hoodie all day yesterday and to school Monday. I think it'll just take a little getting used to. Right??? :)

So chalk it up to another moment worthy of scrapping. It'll grow back.

Have a great week everyone!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually like the fact you can see his face. He has a beautiful face.

India

2/4/08, 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Mr. Cory that he looks handsome both ways but personally I like short hair. I know short hair isn't in style these days. He's cool no matter how his hair is. Good Grief it does sound like your weekend was a tad on the stressful sie.

The kids at my kids school are shaving their hair and wearing *do rags*...their PE coach has breast cancer and she has lost her hair from chemo. It's the most awesome thing watching these kids support someone.

Anywho, he's a cutie no matter what and yes it will grow back! :)

2/4/08, 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do remember when I was younger, going in for a "trim" and having the guy hack off about ten inches! Talk about trauma (and drama!). He is such a cutie, long hair or short.

2/5/08, 5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, he is handsome indeed. Great to have you back blogging!

2/6/08, 5:00 AM  
Blogger Misty Posey said...

He's such a cutie, I like the short hair, her looks a little more GROWNY.

2/7/08, 12:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

He is a cutie either way! But I understand how difficult it is to go through a dramatic cosmetic change! We all do :)

2/12/08, 8:54 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Like everyone else, I think he's a cutie either way. But I do think he looks much more grown up. (Sorry Maelynn, I know you don't want to think about that) :)

2/13/08, 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a handsome boy--no matter what the hairstyle! He will get used to the short cut, but I know how traumatic that must have been...=)

Did his team win the ball game? =)

2/18/08, 11:04 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

WOW! He look like a different person. He had really nice long hair.

3/26/08, 7:25 PM  
Blogger Vikki said...

How cute! it makes him look so much older!!

4/7/08, 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Scrapbookingtop50 Counter