11/25/2006

Dinner by a nine-year-old

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Some of you may know my son has decided to stop eating meat and fowl so we didn't have a turkey this year. We had planned on delivering Meals on Wheels again this year but that stomach thing my son had a few days ago... well, unfortunately it was my turn. It's been almost 48 hours and I still feel like crap. What was so sweet though was that my 9-year-old son made T'giving dinner almost completely by himself - with my watchful eye, of course.

He made stuffing (or dressing if you live here in the South) and corn and mashed potatoes and gravy and baked apples. He did such a great job. I'm so proud of my baby. I ate the wonderful dinner he made regardless of my temporary illness and was thankful for every second I was able to sit at the table. Now, it wasn't so much fun about an hour later, but I'd do it over again. Can you imagine how proud he was of himself? It was great to watch.

I regret not being able to deliver meals to those unable to leave their homes this holiday but will do double duty on Christmas Day to make up for it, and hopefully volunteer some between now and then, as well. Anyone want to join me?

Have a great weekend, all. Hope the shopping was fruitful for you if you dared to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Scrapbookingtop50 Counter